Greetings, in today’s post, I introduce another article written by Daryl Hannah that identifies 7 things you should never say to gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered (GLBT) co-workers who have “come out of the closet”. Of particular interest are the comments by a PricewaterhouseCoopers executive who has been “out” for 10 years and shares some of her experiences and insights:
1. “I suspected you were gay.”
2. “I’m sorry.”
3. “Why did you tell me that?”
4. “Which bathroom do you use?”
5. “We are not close enough for you to share that information with me.”
6. Referring to coworkers as “she-male.”
7. “What do you like to do in bed?”
Of course, you can visit www.diversityinc.com/thingsnottosay to review the full article and get a thorough description of each of the 7 statements.
NEXT POST: December 3, 2008
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!